Etiquette plays a very important role within a traditional Kung Fu school. It is held within high esteem at Practical Wing Chun Australia.
Respect for instructors, the school & fellow Students:
This is shown by demonstrating general good manners and following the etiquette guide lines taught within class: Addressing your Sifu (teacher) or fellow student appropriately.
Si Gung (Sifu’s Sifu)
Si Hing (Senior Kung Fu brothers)
Si Jeh (Senior Kung fu sisters)
Si Dai (Junior Kung fu brothers)
Si Mui (Junior Kung fu sisters)
Si Sook (Sifu’s junior Kung fu brothers & sisters)
Si Bak (Sifu’s senior Kung fu brothers)
Respect for self:
Good personal hygiene and clean school uniform is mandatory. Shoddy, dirty or non club attire will not be admitted to school. Remain disciplined, conduct yourself ethically as a martial artist. Practice courtesy & righteousness,serve the society & respect your elders. Help the weak & those who need your help, use martial skills for the good of humanity. Preserve this Chinese art & code of conduct.
Students are expected to progress through the grading syllabus in the structured manor. Students must have a 90 % attendance record to be eligible for grading. Any Student absent for a period over two months without good reason will not be permitted to grade.
ALL STUDENT OF PWC MUST FOLLOW OUR RULES & REGULATIONS OR PENALTY APPLIES. (EXPELL FROM SCHOOL)
RULES & REGULATIONS AT PRACTICAL WING CHUN QLD
1. Be respect to Sifu, Sigung & friendly to fellow students
2. Must sign on for attendance & wear uniform in class
3. Keep the school clean & tidy, Return equipment back in place after training
4. Foul language is not allowed in class
5. Personal conflict between members & unlawful action are not allowed
6. Follow the instruction of Sifu & assistant instructors
7. If not permitted, do not practise any Kung fu besides Wing Chun Kung Fu in class
8. Practice Kung Fu seriously. The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
9. Damaging the reputation of school is prohibited
10. Learning Kung Fu is for self defence purpose only, not to bully or harm others